Talks between AC Milan and Orlando City SC regarding Robinho appear dead

For the time being, it looks like Kaka will be the only Brazilian star on the field when Orlando City SC take the field in their Major League Soccer opener next season.

As first reported on Tuesday by WFTV’s Christian Bruey, Paul Tenorio of the Orlando Sentinel has confirmed that conversations with AC Milan concerning a Robinho transfer to Orlando have hit a wall and appear to be dead. Tenorio also says that possibility of Orlando going after another Brazilian star, Ronaldinho, is pretty much off the table.

Orlando had been talking with Milan and Robinho about coming to America for weeks, but in the end, the transfer fee that Milan was seeking, coupled with the wages that the player was demanding, were too high for the soon-to-be MLS club to take on.

Meanwhile, Santa Cruz forward Flávio Caça-Rato, also known as Flávio Recife, is set to join Orlando City for the 2015 season, per a report by Rádio Globo in Brazil. According to some on Twitter, Orlando is gearing up to announce a player signing soon, so maybe that could be the player, if the reports out of Brazil are true.

Note on Kaka: Sources told Tenorio that Kaka’s three-year contract with Orlando City will pay him about $6 million per season, which would place him near the top of the league in terms of the highest paid players.


Tags: AC Milan Major League Soccer Orlando City SC

comments powered by Disqus